Thursday 12 November 2009

10-13

Back in Yarrow Heights, Reid tells his daughters that Krista is in love with another man. "No matter what she has told you, she has chosen him over her family. She'll have to live with her decision. We can never forgive her." That is ridiculous to my mind. Another fact is that Franky never tried to call her Krista and she kept her cell phone turned off. Neither did she listen to the voicemail or pick up the house phone. But her Mom tried to find out how her daughters were doing by calling her friend Twyla. Franky was really mad about this. Why didn't Franky trust her mother? Why did she choose her father over her mother? I'm really wondering how manipulative she is. She can't even tell her "best friend" what is going on. She tells her friend that everything is alright... She acts just like her father right now and tells everybody that everything is fine. She doesn't even realize that her father destroys her relationships to others. She has probably been brainwashed by her father. "I shut my eyes. I could see her with Dad's eyes, in that cozy little cabin of hers where she lived her perfect, selfish life. In the dollhouse. In her own zone." I wonder where did Freaky Green Eyes go? Where did her courage go and why doesn't she see the situation through her own (freaky, green) eyes? Why does she have to see her Mom through her Dads' eyes. At the end of this chapter Franky said that this was the last time she spoke to her mother and the last thing she said to her was: "I'm not Francesca! I hate that name! And I hate you! Good-bye!" I was really surprised by this. I would not dare to talk to my Mom like this. But I guess this is today's young adults.

Vocabulary: chickpea (bot.) Kichererbse sea bass Seebarsch to blackmail erpressen steroids Anabolika

No comments:

Post a Comment