Wednesday 4 November 2009

The celebration: april 18

I think that this chapter is very interesting because it gives us an overview of the family structure and their relationships. In this chapter they are celebrating Dads new contract with some network. They were having a huge Chinese banquet. But Krista (Franky's mom) wasn't there to celebrate with them. What I also found interesting, in this chapter, is that Franky is a little afraid of her father. "And maybe, just maybe, I was a little afraid of my father" It is obvious that Franky is very confused about her parents. She does not know which one is the good one. But she sticks to her father even though she is a little afraid of him. Franky blames everything on her mom .

I think that the most important about this chapter are the fortune cookies.
Maybe those fortune cookies, each family member has to read out, is a hint what is going to happen in their future. I'm excited to see if this comes true or if there isn't any relation to this fortune cookies. This is what Frankys fortune cookie says: "a calm mind restores calm." It is also quite interesting that Frankys parents have the same fortune: "You will cross a wide water."

Some vocabulary I would like to remember: nightcap a (usually alcoholic) drink taken before going to bed to humiliate to put to shame, disgrace

2 comments:

  1. I am fascinated about your writing style! It makes me even more impatient to finish reading my book and to start this one. Since I have read your blog postings I am now sure that I am going to read "Freaky Green Eyes" too. Especially the chapter about the fortune cookies seems to be the main attraction, at least for me. I like fortune cookies and I tend to believe what such a cooky says, BUT only if it expresses something I want to hear or read ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This entry makes me really curious about the novel. Just like you, I would like to know if the fortune cookies' predictions come true.

    ReplyDelete